We are looking for a Machine Learning Expert
Hey machine learning enthusiast, here’s your chance to use your skills for something meaningful! We at Verso Vision are actually saving lives and making life better for a large number of people with our Fall and incident prevention and detection solution.
Our AI-based patient monitoring system prevents falls and other accidents in hospitals and nursing homes. As “AI-based” implies, much of the work revolves around building machine learning models. We are growing fast and looking for a top-notch expert of the field to help us keep our system the best in the World.
The team is still small, but we are growing our tech team with carefully chosen professionals who have already made career in machine learning. We’d like to see you every now and then at our office in Lappeenranta but this can be also a hybrid position.
Requirements to fill this role
- Master’s or doctoral degree in computer science, data science, machine learning, or similar field
- Good grasp of machine learning fundamentals (linear algebra, probability theory, optimization, supervised learning)
- Up-to-date knowledge of machine learning models and methods for image and/or video data in classification, segmentation and object detection (convolutional neural networks, visual transformers, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in data normalization, data augmentation, dataset curation and class balancing, and understanding how these factors affect model training performance
- Hands-on experience in debugging and troubleshooting model training, performance analysis, hyperparameter search, and architecture customization
- Track-record of successful end-to-end machine learning deployments, and maintenance of deployed solutions
- Fluent in Python and Pytorch or Tensorflow frameworks
- A good understanding of model deployment and MLOps principles
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capability for independent work
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Good documentation habits
The skills and experience in the following will be considered an advantage
- Semi-supervised and unsupervised/self-supervised learning, or domain generalization
- Training strategies such as curriculum learning, student-teacher-approaches
- Generative image/video models (e.g., deepfake, img2img)
- Scaling machine learning deployments
- Model architecture optimization methods, e.g., neural architecture search, model pruning, knowledge distillation
- Experience in higher-level frameworks such as Ultralytics or OpenMMLab
We are looking for someone who is an experts in their field, can jump into action straight away and already has proven track record. Our business is at the stage where we can only hire people who already know their stuff.
We would also love to hear if you have software engineering business, you’ve done AI/ML-related, open contributions or you have participated in competitions such as Kaggle or similar. Our main working language is English but most of your team would be native Finnish speaker so any Finnish language skills will be appreciated.
Your work would consist of building and trying out new model architectures, training and optimizing models, analyzing data, finding ways to extract more information out of images and making sure all of this works in production. You would be working with a small team of experts with lots of freedom – and responsibility. Your location does not matter that much, but we’d like to see you every now and then at our office in Lappeenranta.
We would love to tell you more about the position! Call our Tech Team Lead Topi Mäenpää at +358 40 774 7749.
Working at Verso Vision
Verso Vision is a healthcare AI vision company on a mission to make the world a safer and better place for the elderly. Our fall-prevention solution and software uses video analytics and AI to deliver fall-prevention for healthcare, care, safety and other fields. Our solution identifies and monitors human actions and movements, sending automatic alerts to staff through a safety system when risk or danger is detected. As a fast-growing scale-up with solid and well-established ownership, Verso Vision is already operating in several countries around the globe, and we need passionate team members to turn our mission into a reality.
Send us your CV and couple lines about you to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s talk more about the position and what Verso Vision can offer you! You can also call our Tech Team Lead Topi Mäenpää directly at +358 40 774 7749 during the week Mon-Thu to ask any questions you might have.
We offer all this (and lots more!):
Interesting and inspiring work
You’ll get to work on a pioneering tech innovation and have the chance to leave your own mark on the care sector and society. AI, deep learning, computer vision and machine learning – we have it all!
A dynamic scale-up business environment
We don’t expect you to know everything – we don’t either! At Verso Vision, you’ll learn a lot and have access to ample development opportunities in a fast-growing international health tech company.
A flat organization
You’ll have the freedom to work autonomously and enjoy a transparent work culture.
Hybrid work opportunities
You can work remotely from anywhere in Finland, but we think it is important for us to meet once in a while. Your team will be at Lappeenranta and we also meet in Helsinki and Jyväskylä, where we have offices.
Great people to work with
Our diverse team of experts share a pioneering spirit and a real desire to work in a company with a purpose that’s much greater than just making a profit. Together, we are working towards a more humane, sustainable and ethical digital world. And we’re having plenty of fun along the way.
We’d love to discuss exciting incentive opportunities around our scale-up business with you!
Please apply by sending your CV and couple of lines about yourself email@example.com.